BOND was selected to be part of one of the most complex projects undertaken by BELD in recent memory and one of the most modern and efficient plants in the country. This simple-cycle gas-fired plant is powered by the first two 58 MW Rolls-Royce Trent 60 gas turbines built for the U.S. power generation market. BOND played a significant role in providing mass excavation, site work, underground utility, and cast-in-place concrete as well as managing the interior finishes of the plant’s control room.
- Entire project was completed on the property of an existing peaking plant
- Waterfront location on Fore River complicated dewatering effort and erosion control
- Unexpected rock excavation
- Removal of contaminated soils
- Complex underground high voltage electrical duct bank system
- Quality control measures that BOND prided itself on, including the use of customized anchor bolt placement templates that enable the electrical and mechanical contractors to set equipment without frustration or delay, and without impact to the strength of the bolt or concrete.
- Installation of a steel sheet earth support system along the waterway required diligent attention to the site safety plan and environmental controls.
- This state-of-the art generating station is lowering costs for Braintree
- Named one of the fourteen best power plants in the world in 2010 by the Diesel & Gas Turbine Worldwide magazine